Actionstep + Microsoft Office
Introducing the all-in-one plugin for Microsoft Office.
- Create or edit documents in Microsoft™ Word and instantly save to Actionstep
- Assign emails to your Matters from within Microsoft™ Outlook.
- Create file notes in Outlook
- Add tasks right inside your emails
Version 184.108.40.206 – Released 9 January 2017
Please note that the MS Office plugin can only be installed on a Windows Desktop PC (7, 8, 10) with Office 2013 or 2016 installed.
How to install
Please note that the MS Office plugin can only be installed on a Windows Desktop PC with Office 2013 installed.
- Download the plugin by clicking on the “Get Plugin” button.
- Once downloaded, double click on the exe file.
- Follow the installation wizard.
- Restart all Microsoft Office Apps (Outlook and Word) and the plugin should be active.
Once installed you will see an Actionstep panel within your Outlook screen or a an extra tab in Word.
Next, you need to link the plugin to Actionstep:
- Click on the link in the Actionstep panel inside Outlook or the “Authorize” button in Word
- Login to Actionstep
- Copy the Authorization Code from the screen
- Cut and Paste (or type) this into the Actionstep panel inside Outlook
- Click the button to complete authorization
In Outlook the plug-in is disabled on start-up.
Outlook will disable an add-in if it takes more than a second to load.
To re-enable the plugin:
- Open the file menu, click on Info and select Slow and Disabled Add-ins
- Under the list of disabled add-ins, select the Actionstep Outlook Add-In and click Always enable this add-in.
- Click close.
When trying to install a new version of the plugin I get an error.
First you need to uninstall the previous version.
- Open the control panel on your PC and click on Programs and Features.
- Uninstall the previous version in the list.
- Follow the rest of the installation instructions.
Saving Emails to Matters in Actionstep
When you click on a message in the Outlook inbox the add in will query your Actionstep system and return a list of matters by comparing the sender and recipients in the message to the matter participants in Actionstep. If a match is not found you can do a quick search in the for the matter.
Once a match is found you can “link” the Outlook message to the matter and then upload a copy of the entire message (including attachments) to Actionstep. The original message will remain in Outlook.
Copying Attachments to Document Folders
Once uploaded, the entire message, including attachments, will reside in Actionstep. If you wish to copy any, or all, of the attachments from the email message in Actionstep to document folders in the matter then you can do this from within Outlook by clicking on the documents icon.
Sending or Replying to Emails in Outlook
When you send, or reply to, an email in Outlook the Actionstep panel will display in the email edit screen, allowing you to upload a copy of the outgoing message to a matter in Actionstep.
Saving files to Actionstep
Files can be saved to Actionstep by clicking the Save or Save as button in the Actionstep tab. This will open a browser allowing you to select the Matter and folder that the document will be saved to.
Opening files from Actionstep
When you click on the Open button in the Actionstep tab, a file browser will open that allows you to search for matters and look through their document folders. You can then select a file and open it inside Office.