Litigation - Probate
This add-on is designed to manage probate matters.
This add-on is designed to manage Probate matters. The add-on includes a list of steps and court document templates to help ensure you manage these effectively and efficiently.
- Logical steps to help you and your team keep track of the status of each probate matter
- Creation of court documents using templates that pre-populate fields with information from the matter
- Set diary dates for future actions, with reminders via txt, screen pop-up or email
- Record file notes and emails related to the litigation
- Upload supporting documents/photos/videos etc.
- Powerful search feature lets you quickly locate matters on file
- Upload and store electronic copies of documents
- Time recording and invoicing
- Compliant trust accounting to manage funds on clients’ behalf
- Share document with clients using a Secure Document Exchange (SDX) portal
- Secure “Chat” feature records conversations related to documents
- Initial Enquiry
- Information Gathering
- Apply for Probate or Letter of Administration
- Grant of Probate Obtained
- Distribute the Estate
- Wrap Up
You can extend or modify this workflow to suit your business. You can for example add/remove steps, add other participant types, and default “tasks” for each step.
The add-on comes with a list of document templates based on the New South Wales court documents for Uniform Civil Procedure Rules (“UCPR”). You can use these templates to complete court documents.
To create the court documents using the document templates, you will need the Actionstep plug-in for HotDocs. When creating a document using the template fields are pre-populated with information entered on the matter, saving you and your team time and reducing the likelihood of making errors.
Secure Document Exchange (SDX)
You can use Actionstep’s built-in secure portal to share your documents with your clients. You can selectively enable client access on a document-by-document basis. When a client is granted access to a matter they will receive an email with a link to login. Once they have set a password they will be able to see the documents you have granted them access to. An audit trail is maintained of all access to the documents.
This is a great way to give your clients secure access to their documents without having them phoning your firm each time they need a copy.
The system additions, workflows, and/or document templates contained in this add-on are included as examples only, and you are solely responsible for configuring the system to meet your needs and to comply with local regulatory requirements. We update and maintain this add-on as per our third-party liaison recommendations, but cannot guarantee the contents will always remain up-to-date for your region. Actionstep and other providers will not be liable under the law of tort, contract or otherwise for any loss of profits or any indirect or consequential loss or damage, however caused, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this add-on.