Expand your horizons and understand all financial aspects of our growing business.
About the business and the role
Actionstep has one of the most comprehensive SaaS products on the market and we’re not afraid to lead the way.
Our HQ team is based in Auckland city and we have in-market offices in the USA, Canada, and the UK. Although we’ve been around for over a decade we still operate like a startup in terms of culture and energy.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- This role would be perfect for someone with accounts payables or receivables experience wanting to expand their horizons and understand all aspects of a growing business
- Ideally the successful candidate will have worked as a bookkeeper for a small to mid-size business and someone who is detailed focused and experienced using Excel
- Performing key functions for our bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Involved in preparation of monthly reports and payroll services
- Involved in preparation of PAYE & GST returns
- General office administration tasks as required
Skills and experience
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in accounting administration is ideal
- Payroll system experience or understanding/exposure to payroll will be an advantage
- Technology savvy with proficiency in MS Office
- Professional and a great team player
- High attention to detail and solution oriented
- Client focused and brings with excellent communication
- Able to manage various tasks to meet finance deadlines and the overall needs of the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job benefits and perks
- Wear what you like to work.
- Take your birthday off.
- Friday afternoon socials and frequent team building events.
- Growth opportunities for your career.
- Excellent location close to the Viaduct, Britomart and the city centre.
- Funky office environment - converted penthouse apartments with balconies, kitchens and amazing city views.
- Relaxed and friendly team. Nobody takes themselves too seriously.