Be part of a performant team and spearhead the next big challenge using modern JS technologies.
About the business and the role
Actionstep has one of the most comprehensive SaaS products on the market. With over 1 million lines of hand-written code (excluding libraries), this is one serious software application. Innovation is our core strength and we’re not afraid to lead the way.
The Development, QA, and DevOps teams are based in Auckland and we have in-market offices in the USA, Canada, and the UK. Although we’ve been around for over a decade we still operate like a start-up in terms of culture and energy.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Product Team, you will be responsible for frontend software development across multiple products and technologies and be part of our exciting new projects that are going to shake up the globe.
Watch our Actionstep video giving you an overview of what our innovative product is all about!
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Leverage your considerable experience to get to grips with the current code base and work with the dev team on software architecture and best practices.
- You will have the opportunity to work with large-scale, complex code, building a highly scalable, extremely efficient SaaS web product used by thousands of users all over the globe.
- You should not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into some serious programming.
Skills and experience
- You have a solid 2+ years commercial development experience using React.
- Exposure to React Native, Redux, ES6 are highly desirable.
- You have an armoury of modern design patterns, practices, and philosophies, seeking clean, readable, testable, and maintainable source code.
- Solid experience is applying responsive design.
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge or experience within the legal sector would be highly desirable.
- You have a strong testing mindset.
- Great people and time management skills. Ability to organize and work within a team.
- You will either have English as a first language or near-native comprehension.
- Have the confidence to express ideas and explain technical concepts to peers and stakeholders.
- Fast learner. Ability to quickly understand complex technical environments.
- Possess a hands-on, can-do, and knowledge sharing attitude.
- Relentless desire to continue learning and self-improvement.
- A clear and genuine interest in technology trends within the software development space.
Job benefits and perks
- Working with a highly-talented and experienced team.
- Wear what you like to work.
- Take your birthday off.
- Friday afternoon socials and frequent team building events.
- Excellent location close to the Viaduct, Britomart and the city centre.
- Funky office environment - converted penthouse apartments with balconies, kitchens and amazing city views.
- Relaxed and friendly team. Nobody takes themselves too seriously.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please include a covering letter introducing yourself, telling us what makes you stand out from the crowd, and what you can bring to the next phase of Actionstep’s exciting future.
Please include any references or links to examples of your work.
Please Note: Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those who have been successful in advancing to the interview stage will be contacted. Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
CBD, Auckland, New Zealand
Closes: 30th November 2018