Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Actionstep, a pioneer in cloud-based business technology and workflow automation, continually pushes the boundaries to take legal software to new frontiers. We are expanding our marketing team to support our business growth and are currently recruiting for a product marketing manager to drive the adoption of our products.
Our people have a passion for innovating, the courage to break new ground, and a fundamental belief in delivering unquestionable value to our clients. If that sounds like you, we are looking for an experienced software product marketing manager to shape and drive product marketing across 3 distinct business management software products for law firms. This is a new role and an opportunity to establish formal product marketing practices and be part of the success of a growing NZ technology business as we continue to expand our footprint in international markets.
Work collaboratively with product and sales teams to design & deliver a comprehensive product marketing programme to support product lead generation, nurture happy customers and anticipate the future product needs of our customers.
- Product campaign design & delivery: Use customer insights, product knowledge and brand messaging to build marketing campaigns for key segments. Set clear KPIs for all channels, A/B test and pivot tactics as needed. Deliver transparent progress - updates internally.
- Customer experience: Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer product experience across multiple channels and customer touch points. Monitor customer product lifecycles. Devise marketing interventions where there are weak - points / opportunities.
- Customer engagement systems: Stay close to client product needs by regularly seeking engagement and sharing feedback internally and externally (e.g. surveys, interviews) to understand product use, pain-points, benefits and changing requirements
- Inbound marketing: Map customer journeys through product lead cycle. Create ITTT action & content plan to support product lead generation (leveraging HubSpot). Maintain daily contact with sales team on product lead status, nurturing and next steps.
- Testing & Experiments: Plan and report on A/B and multivariate experiments across channels (working with product digital marketing coordinator)
- Content development: Work closely with product marketing team and external agencies on content development highlighting messaging and product benefits in a variety of formats (e.g. written, graphical, video, 3rd party sponsored) to feed inbound - product marketing processes.
- Product communications: Develop & execute product communications for current customers and potential customer on product upgrades, releases, features and changes. Create new product/feature launches across channels and tie into tradeshow schedules. - Develop strong links with industry rating and review bodies.
- Pricing: Use competitor product pricing analysis, customer feedback and product value comparisons to inform product pricing levels and articulate relative value.
- Product toolkits: Develop product toolkits for each product tier including: Brand & product messaging, Key benefits/differentiators, Clear use cases and buyer personas, Competitor comparisons, Product tech spec sheets & tip sheets, Testimonials - (Video/written) & Success stories, Tailored product tour videos
- Team management: Manage and nurture the skills of the digital product marketing and product marketing automation coordinator.
- 4+ Years in similar product marketing role in product business
- Experience managing product lead generation and qualification via inbound marketing
- High level presentation creation skills
- Demonstrated written product communication skills
- Experience using analytical tools and reporting systems
- Working knowledge of digital channels and tools to promote software products
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Management experience
We offer a fantastic and inspirational working environment!
- Wear what you like to work.
- Take your birthday off.
- Friday afternoon socials and frequent team building events.
- Excellent location close to the Viaduct, Britomart and the city centre.
- Funky office environment - converted penthouse apartments with balconies, kitchens and amazing city views.
- Relaxed and friendly team.
- Fantastic career development opportunities.
Actionstep is an award-winning, SaaS tech company, whose mission is to deliver the world’s most advanced Legal Practise Management solution. We help our clients build thriving legal practises by creating awesome user experiences that lawyers love. We have teams of highly talented people across New Zealand, Australia, UK, USA and Canada working to delight thousands of lawyers worldwide who are running highly successful legal practises.
To apply for this position, please send us a copy of your current CV and include a covering letter introducing yourself.
Applicants for this position must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa and have English as a first language or near-native comprehension. You must be available to attend face-to-face interviews in Auckland.
Please note: Only those who have been successful in advancing to the interview stage will be contacted.
- Location: Auckland Central, NZ