This add-on is designed to manage Probate matters. The add-on includes a list of steps and court document templates to help ensure you manage these effectively and efficiently.
- Logical steps to help you and your team keep track of the status of each probate matter
- Creation of court documents using templates that pre-populate fields with information from the matter
- Set diary dates for future actions, with reminders via txt, screen pop-up or email
- Record file notes and emails related to the litigation
- Upload supporting documents/photos/videos etc.
- Powerful search feature lets you quickly locate matters on file
- Upload and store electronic copies of documents
- Time recording and invoicing
- Compliant trust accounting to manage funds on clients’ behalf
- Share document with clients using a Secure Document Exchange (SDX) portal
- Secure “Chat” feature records conversations related to documents
- Initial Enquiry
- Information Gathering
- Apply for Probate or Letter of Administration
- Grant of Probate Obtained
- Distribute the Estate
- Wrap Up
You can extend or modify this workflow to suit your business. You can for example add/remove steps, add other participant types, and default “tasks” for each step.
The add-on comes with a list of document templates based on the New South Wales court documents for Uniform Civil Procedure Rules (“UCPR”). You can use these templates to complete court documents.
To create the court documents using the document templates, you will need the Actionstep plug-in for HotDocs. When creating a document using the template fields are pre-populated with information entered on the matter, saving you and your team time and reducing the likelihood of making errors.
Secure Document Exchange (SDX)
You can use Actionstep’s built-in secure portal to share your documents with your clients. You can selectively enable client access on a document-by-document basis. When a client is granted access to a matter they will receive an email with a link to login. Once they have set a password they will be able to see the documents you have granted them access to. An audit trail is maintained of all access to the documents.
This is a great way to give your clients secure access to their documents without having them phoning your firm each time they need a copy.
Updates to the forms are published in the user guide
- Form 111 – Summons for probate, administration, administration with the will annexed or reseal
- Form 112 – Grant of probate, letters of administration or letters of administration with the will annexed
- Form 113 – Reseal
- Form 114 – Notice of Intended distribution
- Form 115 – Opt out notice
- Form 116 – Notice of intended application for probate, administration or reseal
- Form 117 – Inventory of property
- Form 118 – Affidavit of executor
- Form 119 – Affidavit of applicant for administration
- Form 120 – Affidavit of applicant for administration with the will annexed
- Form 121 – Affidavit of applicant for resealing
- Form 122 – Affidavit of applicant for administration for the purposes of the Family Provisions Act 1982 or Chapter 3 of the Succession Act 2006
- Form 123 – Renunciation of probate
- Form 124 – Renunciation in favour of NSW Trustee & Guardian
- Form 125 – Consent to Administration
- Form 126 – Affidavit that deceased was not in a de facto relationship
- Form 127 – Affidavit as to de facto relationship
- Form 128 – Notice of intended application for administration where there may be a de facto spouse or domestic partner
- Form 129 – Affidavit relating to domestic partnership
- Form 130 – Administration bond
- Form 131 – Affidavit of surety
- Form 132 – Affidavit of attesting witness
- Form 133 – Consent to distribution of gift
- Form 134 – Consent of affected person
- Form 135 – Notice to affected persons
- Form 136 – Notice to apply for administration
- Form 137 – Answer to notice to apply for probate
- Form 138 – Notice to apply for probate
- Form 139 – Answer to notice to apply for probate
- Form 140 – Notice of proceedings
- Form 141 – Caveat
- Form 142(2) – Notice of Withdrawal of Caveat
- Form 143 – Notice of intended objection to accounts
- Form 144 – Notice of filing of accounts
- Form 145 – Notice of appointment of executor or administrator
- Form 146 – Deed of appointment of executor or administrator
- Form 147 – Notice of objection to appointment of executor or administrator
- Form 148 – Affidavit of additional assets
- Form 149 – Acknowledgment under s.83 of the Probate Act
- Create a matter and choose type “Probate.”
- Enter the required field to create the matter.
- When the matter is created, refer to the Wiki for help on how to use the add-on.
- You can create a court document using templates by clicking on the documents icon, select create document, then select the template.
- To use the court document templates, you will need the HotDocs integration enabled.