Senior/Intermediate Backend Developer
C#, .NET Core, Microservices, AWS
Actionstep is an award-winning, SaaS tech company, whose mission is to deliver the world’s most advanced Legal Practise Management solution. We help our clients build thriving legal practises by creating awesome user experiences that lawyers love. We have teams of highly talented people across New Zealand, Australia, UK, USA and Canada working to delight thousands of lawyers worldwide who are running highly successful legal practises.
Actionstep is currently undergoing a period of rapid growth and we’re on the lookout for some smart new talent to join our team! Our culture thrives on innovation. We give people the freedom to get creative and experiment with new ideas to solve real world problems. You’ll get to work with some really cool tech building out our new large-scale microservice infrastructure.
We build new features on a modern stack, consisting of web and mobile front-end apps (React), communicating through APIs to C# (.NET Core) and PHP services, backed by databases, all deployed using Docker in a continuous delivery cycle to AWS. You don’t need to have experience in all these specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good developers how to use our modern SaaS stack.
We’re on the lookout for a talented Backend Developer to join our Platform Team. We need someone who can bring energy, intellect and creativity. We challenge convention at every opportunity. If you have a creative talent and love learning new stuff, we want to hear from you!
What are we specifically looking for?
- 5+ years commercial development experience using Microsoft .NET tools and technologies (C#, Json, Git). Experience with .NET Core 2.0+ is highly desirable.
- Experience building Microservices and REST APIs.
- Hands on experience using any of the major database platforms; PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, being proficient in both database design and optimised complex query composition.
- You have an armoury of modern design patterns, practices, and philosophies, seeking clean, readable, testable, and maintainable source code.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- An understanding of backend infrastructure using AWS and Docker (desirable).
- Any hands-on experience with DDD and CQRS will get you noticed.
- Any previous experience with PHP would be highly desirable.
- Possess a hands-on, can-do, and knowledge sharing attitude. You get things done.
- A relentless desire to continue learning and self-improvement.
We offer a fantastic and inspirational working environment!
- Wear what you like to work.
- Take your birthday off.
- Friday afternoon socials and frequent team building events.
- Excellent location close to the Viaduct, Britomart and the city centre.
- Funky office environment - converted penthouse apartments with balconies, kitchens and amazing city views.
- Relaxed and friendly team.
- Fantastic career development opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send us a copy of your current CV and include a covering letter introducing yourself. Applicants for this position must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa and have English as a first language or near-native comprehension. You must be available to attend face-to-face interviews in Auckland.