Coming soon: Time Billing enhancements
20 September 2016
Actionstep already helps users manage their business and get paid with effective Time Billing features, but we’re always looking to make Actionstep even more useful.
Therefore, we are well underway on our major Time Billing upgrade that will improve existing functionality and add great new features.
Features such as alternative billing arrangements (including fixed-fee, hourly, and contingency), enhanced batch billing, and more productivity reporting tools will be available to use in your system ‘out of the box’. However, like everything else in Actionstep, you will have the freedom to customize these features to suit your firm.
These upgrades will be rolled out to our Early Access users over the next 6-months, and include:
- General Retainer system (USA Only) Manage client retainer funds in your operating account and have them automatically apply against new charges on your client bills.
- Fixed fee billing arrangements & support for other billing arrangement types Specify a fixed fee for your matters and have the system automatically charge the fixed fee when you bill. Optionally, track time on your fixed fee files to analyze profitability.
- A smarter billing screen helps you get your bills out faster and more accurately Improved billing functionality lets you review and edit charges, and apply trust and general retainers as well as discounts.
- Additional new look billing templates Additional legal specific billing templates include minimum retainer replenishment, lawyer time summary, statement of account, and much more.
- Enhanced productivity reports Track productivity across your firm by staff, practice area, and client. New real-time metrics improve strategic and tactical decision making.
- Batch billing features Bill clients in bulk using different criteria and accelerate your firm’s billing process.
- Consolidated and split bills Consolidate bills for different matters belonging to the same client, and split charges between multiple parties based on percentage.
- E-billing system upgrade Expanded functionality to manage your e-billing needs. Support for Ledes98B and other formats.
- And more to be announced…
We’ll keep you informed about the new features, progress, and roll-out of each upgrade via our blog and social media pages. We’ll also announce when these features will be available to all users as soon as possible.
As always, we invite you to contact us if there is something you would like to see in Actionstep that would improve your business and processes.