Microsoft Office for Windows
Edit Microsoft Word documents and assign emails to actions without opening Actionstep.
Introducing the all-in-one plugin for Microsoft Office.
- Create or edit documents in Microsoft Word and instantly save to Actionstep
- Assign emails to your Matters from within Microsoft Outlook.
- Create file notes in Outlook
- Add tasks right inside your emails
Current version: 184.108.40.206
Release date: October 30, 2018
The plugin is not compatible with Office Software that has been downloaded through the Microsoft Store. The Microsoft Office plugin can only be installed on a Windows PC (7, 8, 10) with Office 2013 or 2016 installed.
Please note: the Microsoft Office plugin can only be installed on a Windows PC (7, 8, 10) with Office 2013 or 2016 installed.
- Download the plugin by clicking on the “Get” button. An .exe file will be saved to your computer.
- Once downloaded, double click on the exe file.
- Follow the installation wizard.
- Restart all Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook and Word) and the plugin will activate.
Once installed, you will see an Actionstep panel in your Outlook screen, or an extra tab in Word.
To link the plugin to Actionstep:
- Click on the link in the Actionstep panel inside Outlook or the “Authorize” button in Word
- Login to Actionstep
- Copy the Authorization Code from the screen
- Cut and Paste (or type) this into the Actionstep panel inside Outlook
- Click the button to complete authorization
Saving Emails to Matters in Actionstep
When you click on a message in the Outlook inbox, the add-on will query your Actionstep system and return a list of matters by comparing the sender and recipients in the message, to the matter participants in Actionstep. If a match is not found, you can do a quick search for the matter.
Once a match is found you can “link” the Outlook message to the matter and then upload a copy of the entire message (including attachments) to Actionstep. The original message will remain in Outlook.
Copying Attachments to Document Folders
Once uploaded, the entire message, including attachments, will reside in Actionstep. If you wish to copy any, or all, of the attachments from the email message in Actionstep to document folders in the matter then you can do this from within Outlook by clicking on the documents icon.
Sending or Replying to Emails in Outlook
When you send, or reply to, an email in Outlook the Actionstep panel will display in the email edit screen, allowing you to upload a copy of the outgoing message to a matter in Actionstep.
Saving files to Actionstep
Files can be saved to Actionstep by clicking the Save or Save as button in the Actionstep tab. This will open a browser allowing you to select the Matter and folder that the document will be saved to.
Opening files from Actionstep
When you click on the Open button in the Actionstep tab, a file browser will open that allows you to search for matters and look through their document folders. You can then select a file and open it inside Office.