Viewpoint - PowerBI
Viewpoint is a dynamic and interactive set of dashboards and reports that give you a holistic, birds eye view of your firm with the ability to easily deep dive into data points. It includes a comprehensive set of business intelligence reports through a monthly subscription.
Viewpoint by Verlata
Reporting Suite through Microsoft’s Power BI platform
Viewpoint is a Business Intelligence solution developed by Verlata using Power BI, Microsoft’s cloud-based business analytics platform. It gives you a single view of your critical business data through streamlined tables and visuals. You can monitor the health of your firm easily each day through your reports.
Benefits of Viewpoint
- Rich, visual, dashboards and reports with the ability to deep dive into data.
- Pulls data straight from your Actionstep system
- No need for ad hoc Excel exports and managing versioning, multiple reports and formulas.
- Improves business decision making through easy and timely access to high level data overviews.
- Easy to use and familiar to users
- Saves time through accessible reports that are immediately available, rather than having to run several reports for the same information. Information is immediately accessible to the person requesting it.
- Saves money through increased transparency into data allowing more effective debtor, WIP, billing, file and performance management.
- Provides security and comfort that financial metrics are at a firm’s fingertips and decision makers are up-to-date and aware of their firm’s finances.
- Each report is tailored to your company brand and colour scheme
How it works with Actionstep
- Actionstep activates the connection to your system to your Power BI account.
- We build you a secure database, which is hosted in Azure.
- Each evening, Actionstep will provide us with a data snapshot of your system.
- Using a Verlata proprietary tool, this data is imported overnight into the Azure database. The Power BI reports are written against this Azure database. Please note that data is current as per the previous days’ COB.
How we work with you
- Subscribe to our highly flexible and comprehensive reporting suite, Viewpoint.
- We will work with you to connect your data, tailor the visuals, and develop dashboards to provide a holistic view of your firm’s financial performance.
- We can also build you custom, specified reports to add on to the suite.
Reports Available in the Viewpoint Suite
There are currently 16 reports available in the Viewpoint Suite. We will also work with you to develop a custom dashboard to collate all the most important data and visuals.
- New Clients
- New Matters
- Closed Matters
- Matter Estimates
- Matter Status
- Time Recording Overview
- Daily Time Recording
- WIP Analysis
- WIP Analysis (Point in Time)
- WIP (Fees and Disbursements)
- Disbursement Detail
- Fees Billed
- Fees Collected
- Debtors Analysis
- Debtors Analysis (Point in Time
- Write Offs
Subscription pricing is available on request after scheduling a demonstration with Verlata.
- Actionstep: $99.00 (excludes tax)/month daily data export fee
- Microsoft: Users must be licensed for Power BI Pro.