Viewpoint - PowerBI
Verlata has developed Viewpoint. A toolkit for law firm management teams to supercharge your reporting and bring data to life.
ViewPoint is a dynamic and interactive set of dashboards and reports that give you a holistic, birds eye view of your firm with the ability to easily deep dive into data points.
Built on Microsoft’s Power BI platform, ViewPoint includes the following dashboards and reports:
- Managing Partner Dashboard
- Productivity Report (Time Recording & Detail)
- Aged Debtors Report (Summary & Detail)
- WIP Report (Summary & Detail)
- File Openings Report
- Write Offs Report (Summary & Detail)
- Fees Billed Report (Fee Earner & Clients + Matters)
- Daily Time Recording
Benefits of ViewPoint
- Rich, visual, dashboards and reports with the ability to deep dive into data.
- Pulls data straight from your Actionstep system
- No need for ad hoc Excel exports and managing versioning, multiple reports and formulas.
- Improves business decision making through easy and timely access to high level data overviews.
- Easy to use and familiar to users
- Saves time through accessible reports that are immediately available, rather than having to run several reports for the same information. Information is immediately accessible to the person requesting it.
- Saves money through increased transparency into data allowing more effective debtor, WIP, billing, file and performance management.
- Provides security and comfort that financial metrics are at a firm’s fingertips and decision makers are up-to-date and aware of their firm’s finances.
How it works with Actionstep
- Actionstep activates the connection to your system to your Power BI account.
- We build you a secure database, which is hosted in Azure.
- Each evening, Actionstep will provide us with a data snapshot of your system.
- Using a Verlata proprietary tool, this data is imported overnight into the Azure database. The Power BI reports are written against this Azure database.
Please note that data is current as per the previous days’ COB.
$249 per firm, per month –
Includes Actionstep $99/mth daily data export fee
$800 set-up fee.
Viewpoint is built on Microsoft’s Power BI platform and requires users to be licensed for Power BI Pro.
The monthly price is based on a maximum database size, hosted on Azure in Australia or NZ. A small additional monthly fee that reflects the cost of hosting will be added for larger databases and/or hosting in another jurisdiction. This will be scoped fully with you prior to implementation.
The system additions, workflows, and/or document templates contained in this add-on are included as examples only, and you are solely responsible for configuring the system to meet your needs and to comply with local regulatory requirements. We update and maintain this add-on as per our third-party liaison recommendations, but cannot guarantee the contents will always remain up-to-date for your region. Actionstep and other providers will not be liable under the law of tort, contract or otherwise for any loss of profits or any indirect or consequential loss or damage, however caused, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this add-on.